Making pizza at home has never been easier – thanks to store-bought dough! With just a few simple ingredients and toppings, you can have your own homemade pizza in no time. In this blog post, we’ll take you through the process of creating delicious homemade pizza with store bought dough. Not only is it quick and easy, but you can also personalize each pizza according to your unique tastes and preferences.
- 1 What is store bought dough?
- 2 Why do you use store bought dough to make pizza?
- 3 Where do you buy store bought dough?
- 4 How to choose the right store bought dough?
- 5 The homemade pizza with store bought dough recipe
- 6 Tips for making pizza with store bought dough petfectly
- 7 What to serve with your pizza?
- 8 Guide to storing your leftover pizza
- 9 Conclusion: homemade pizza with store bought dough
- 10 FAQ: pizza with store bought dough
- 10.1 Is store bought pizza dough as good as homemade?
- 10.2 How long is store-bought fresh pizza dough good for?
- 10.3 Why is store-bought pizza dough tough?
- 10.4 How do you make store-bought pizza dough rise faster?
- 10.5 Can you use store-bought dough in a pizza oven?
- 10.6 Is store-bought pizza dough frozen?
- 10.7 How long can store-bought pizza dough stay in the freezer?
- 10.8 Do you refrigerate store-bought pizza dough?
- 10.9 How do you make store bought pizza dough crispy?
- 10.10 Why does my store bought pizza dough keep shrinking?
What is store bought dough?
Store bought dough is a pre-made pizza dough that you can purchase from your local grocery store or online. It’s convenient, easy to use, and helps save time in the kitchen.
Why do you use store bought dough to make pizza?
Using bought dough to make pizza is a great way to save time and get delicious results. It’s also an excellent choice for those without culinary experience – the pre-made dough eliminates the need to measure out ingredients or knead the dough, which can be challenging for novice cooks. Plus, it’s easy to customize your homemade pizza with store bought dough – you can choose whatever toppings and seasonings you like.
Where do you buy store bought dough?
To purchase store bought dough, you can visit your local grocery store or search online for retailers that sell it. Be sure to read the ingredients list and check the expiration date before making a purchase.
How to choose the right store bought dough?
When selecting store bought dough for your homemade pizza, it’s important to consider the texture and flavor of the dough. A denser, chewy dough will give you a crispier crust and a more intense flavor, while lighter, fluffier dough will result in a softer texture. Additionally, you should look for pre-made dough that is fresh and free from preservatives or artificial flavors.
The homemade pizza with store bought dough recipe
We’re now ready to get started on our homemade pizza with store bought dough! Here’s what you’ll need:
Ingredients for homemade pizza with store bought dough
Here’s what you’ll need to homemade pizza with store bought dough:
– 1 store bought pizza dough
– 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
– 2 cups of your favorite cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, etc.)
– Your choice of toppings (onions, mushrooms, peppers, etc.)
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for homemade pizza with store bought dough
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Roll out the store bought dough on a lightly floured surface.
3. Transfer the dough to a greased baking sheet.
4. Brush the olive oil over the pizza dough and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
5. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the pizza dough and top with cheese and your favorite toppings.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pizza crust is golden brown.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
The topping ideas for your pizza
There are endless possibilities when it comes to topping your homemade pizza with store bought dough. Here are some ideas get you started:
– Pepperoni, mushrooms, and onions
– Spinach and feta cheese
– Sausage and bell peppers
– BBQ chicken
– Pineapple and ham
Ultimately, the toppings you choose will depend on your personal preferences. Have fun and experiment with flavors to create the perfect pizza for you.
Tips for making pizza with store bought dough petfectly
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect homemade pizza with store bought dough:
– Let your store bought dough come to room temperature before using it. This will make it much easier to handle when you’re rolling it out.
– Make sure the oven is preheated before putting your pizza in. This will help ensure that your crust gets crispy and golden brown.
– Use a baking sheet with a lip (also known as a rimmed baking sheet) to help keep the dough from sliding off.
– Don’t overcrowd your pizza with toppings – it will prevent the crust from getting crispy.
– Let the pizza cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving for the best texture and flavor.
Picked For You: how many slices in a little caesars pizza
What to serve with your pizza?
Once your homemade pizza with store bought dough is ready, you can consider adding some sides to complete your meal. Here are some ideas:
– Freshly tossed salad
– Garlic breadsticks
– Roasted vegetables
– Creamy dip or sauce
No matter what sides you choose, they’re sure to complement your homemade pizza with store bought dough perfectly.
Guide to storing your leftover pizza
If you happen to have leftovers of your homemade pizza with store bought dough, here’s how to store them:
– Allow the pizza to cool completely before storing.
– Cut any remaining slices into smaller pieces and place them in an airtight container or zip top bag.
– Store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
You can also freeze your leftover pizza for up to three months. Cut the slices into smaller pieces and place them in an airtight container or zip top bag before freezing for best results.
Conclusion: homemade pizza with store bought dough
Homemade pizza with store bought dough is a simple and delicious meal that’s perfect for any night. With just a few ingredients, you can whip up this dish in no time. Plus, you can customize your own toppings to create the perfect pizza! Don’t forget to explore side dishes and store your leftovers properly so you can enjoy your pizza later.
FAQ: pizza with store bought dough
Is store bought pizza dough as good as homemade?
Homemade pizza dough reigns over store-bought for its superior taste and obvious savings. However, if you’re pressed for time, don’t fret – raw dough from your local grocery store is a tasty alternative to homemade.
How long is store-bought fresh pizza dough good for?
Discover the Shelf Life of Pre-Made Pizza Dough: If you opt to get your dough from the store, rest assured that it will stay fresh for up to five days following its packaging date.
Why is store-bought pizza dough tough?
Discover the Secret to Perfect Pizza Dough: Avoid Toughness! If your store-bought pizza dough is too tough, there’s an easy explanation. It’s often created with too much flour versus water. Don’t be deceived by the dough’s initial stickiness – adding flour actually makes it worse. We’ll show you how to get the perfect dough consistency without the frustration.
How do you make store-bought pizza dough rise faster?
To expedite store-bought pizza dough’s rising process, begin by verifying that the dough is at room temperature, as cold dough takes longer to rise. Adding a small amount of heat facilitates the process as well. Finally, don’t overlook the importance of yeast!
Can you use store-bought dough in a pizza oven?
“Store-Bought Dough in a Pizza Oven: Is It Possible?” If you’re pressed for time and don’t have the luxury of making pizza dough from scratch, using store-bought dough on your Ooni is a feasible solution. In fact, our brand offers a pre-made pizza crust mix that you can experiment with.
Is store-bought pizza dough frozen?
Get dinner halfway done with store-bought pizza dough. Find it fresh or frozen at most grocery stores, including Whole Foods. If it’s not available, score some from your local pizza spot. Wondering if it’s frozen? Yes, it is.
How long can store-bought pizza dough stay in the freezer?
For top-notch pizza results, store your dough in the freezer for up to three months. Use frozen dough within 90 days of freezing for optimal quality. To get started, thaw the dough in its container overnight in the refrigerator and then allow it to come to room temperature before proceeding with the pizza-making process.
Do you refrigerate store-bought pizza dough?
Proper storage of pizza dough is crucial for maintaining the viability of its yeast. To achieve this, refrigeration or freezing is recommended for all pizza dough recipes. Doing so will slow down the microorganism’s natural fermentation process and ensure optimal results.
How do you make store bought pizza dough crispy?
Achieving a perfect crispy pizza crust is best accomplished by using high heat and pre-heating your pizza stone or pan. However, caution should be taken when placing your pizza on the hot surface. Let us show you the secret to creating a delicious crispy pizza crust.
Why does my store bought pizza dough keep shrinking?
If your pizza dough keeps shrinking, an overpowering gluten network could be the reason. But, there’s no need to worry– here are some simple fixes. The first is to allow the dough to proof for a longer period, as this allows gluten to relax over time. Alternatively, if your dough is too cold, bringing it to room temperature may help, as gluten becomes tighter when chilled.
Chef John Sebastian has been cooking up a storm at his simple place for years. Offering a variety of international foods, Chef John Sebastian has something for everyone- and he makes it all look easy!
He’s been featured in various food magazines and cooking shows, and his restaurant has become a local favorite in the community. When he’s not in the kitchen, Chef John Sebastian enjoys spending time with his family.